Sunday, October 11, 2009

Review of Reloader's Reference

I recently came across a program created by a wiljen of Castboolits.

It's called Reloader's Reference and can be found here.

At first, I couldn't get it to work. But this was my fault. Remember while installing that if you don't have Microsoft Access, you must select that during install. Doing this will then install Access runtime so that you may use the program regardless.

Then I got it open, but couldn't access any of the metallic cartridge data.

I spoke to wiljen about this, and was informed that since I have Window's Vista, I needed to adjust the security permissions. An explanation on how to do this can be found in the files at the previous link called Vistareadme.txt

So I corrected the issue, and now it works flawlessly.

All of the data found within has been checked against reputable sources, and is quite extensive.

It has many features that I absolutely love, including inventories for your reloading components and firearms, and several different calculators such as a trajectory calculator, and twist rate calculations.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this program so far, and would suggest it to any reloader to use as a handy reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment