Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lament of the younger generation.

So, ever since I was 16 years old, I have been supporting myself, and I have gained a certain sense of responsibility from my experiences.

I have been a proponent of personal responsibility ever since then. I have a hard time with the younger set of today, as they don't seem to understand the concept of personal responsibility.

I joined the army a while ago, and my service has been an eye opening experience. I learned quite quickly the lack of accountability that our 18 year olds have.

I spend a lot of time with members of the younger set (keep in mind I'm not too old myself) and have become a bit disillusioned when it comes to their parents.

How is it that these individuals equate talking trash with being a man? I was always taught that a man never caused a problem if it was not necessary. I have never seen the need to pick fights with others to make myself feel better, I guess I have just always had a certain measure of confidence. Some of these other soldiers tend to try and degrade others while speaking with horrible grammar.

What are schools teaching children these days? And since when did it become acceptable for teachers to teach children to hold a certain political idealogy? Are not the moral and political lessons for children best left to the parents?

It seems to me that if the parents don't step forward and take over the moral teaching of their children, we may go the way of the Roman Empire.

I hope that I may be adequate in the teaching of my children's moral lessons. I want them to live a wonderful life and hope they don't relegate themselves to the immorality of the masses.

I believe were it not for the current attitudes toward discipline, my generation would have a much better start at life.

I cannot see how a child can learn right and wrong without real consequences tied to their actions.

Many in my generation are fixated on sex and worldly goods. I cannot stand every time I hear the word "bitch" used when describing a woman, and especially when they use it without malice.

Since when did it become acceptable to treat women in this fashion? I feel that I am lucky to have my wife, as she is a sweet and caring individual, and I feel that I am a bit of an ass.

Shorty, bitch, ho, all being used in non malicious conversation. And half of these guys can't enunciate a single word they speak. Whatever happened to the english language?

Another soldier went against doctor's (LT Colonel's) orders and lifted a refrigerator the other day, after trying to get out of it because he was hurt.

His reasoning? The fridge went to his room in the barracks. I made the comment, Ah, so you have a vested interest then eh?

His response? Wha? He had no idea what I was saying, then he started talking as if I had insulted him. It's quite a frustrating situation I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment